Coaches and Staff
Dimitar Yazadzhiev, MPE
Owner & Tennis Director
USRSA Master Racquet Technician
USTA Competition Training Center (CTC) Head Coach for Ventura/Santa Barbara since 2009
Dimitar is the Owner and Tennis Director of Santa Barbara School of Tennis (SBTP) & DIMITAR Tennis Academy (DTA) in Santa Barbara, California. He is a USPTR Professional and has been coaching at the top professional level and working with some of the top ranked national and international junior players for almost 20 years.
Before founding of SBTP & DTA, Dimitar was the Head Coach of the Weil Tennis Academy in Ojai, CA for 10 years, Coach at the Maleeva Tennis Academy, Tournament Director for the Bulgarian Tennis Federation and a Management Director for the Academic Tennis Club (Sofia, Bulgaria). He was ranked among the Top Four Juniors in Bulgaria and has been a professional USPTR since 1993.
Dimitar Yazadzhiev won the prestigious HEAD/Penn Racquet Sports Advisory Pro of the Year Award that was started in 2007. Dimitar's name now proudly stands by the year of 2013!
Dimitar graduated from the prestigious Bulgarian National Sports Academy with a Master's degree in Physical Education and Sports Management. He has been coaching and working with some of the top ranked national and international junior players, among them: Grigor Dimitrov - #28 ATP, #1 ITF B18s, 2006 Orange Bowl Boys 16s Singles Champion, 2008 Jr. Wimbledon Champion, and 2008 Jr. US Open Singles Champion; Anna Tatishvili – #50 WTA, #10 ITF; Sesil Karatancheva - Former #35 WTA and French Open Quarter Finalist; Ksenia Milevskaya - Top 200 WTA and 2007 #2 ITF; Nolan Bauer - #1 Southwest Section B14s and Top 30 US B14s, and many more.
You can reach Dimitar at email@example.com
Head Coach and Adult Clinics Coordinator
Pete has 18 years of experience as the Head Coach Women’s Tennis at UCSB and co-directed the Nike Tennis Camps for ten years. He was responsible for recruiting successful student athletes to compete at the Division I level for the UC Santa Barbara Women’s tennis team. Over the years Pete won 2 big West championships, 3 All Americans (only all Americans in school history) and over 200 wins at Division I level (most all time at UCSB).
Peter has a bachelors of science degree in physical education from CS Bakersfield 1985 and he is a USPTA certified professional since 1992.
You can reach Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Coach - Juniors Development
Maia grew up in Sofia, Bulgaria and she plays tennis since she was 3 years old. During her junior tennis years, she actively participated and competed in many national, European (ETA) and ITF tournaments.
In 2006, she came to the United States on a full athletic scholarship playing NCAA Division I tennis for Tennessee Tech University and later on for Grambling State University in Louisiana. She was awarded Freshman of the Year Award made it to the semifinals of the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC) in 2006. In addition, she was the No.1 seeded player and the team captain for GSU during 3 consecutive years (2007-2010) and led her team to the semifinals of the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) during all three years, where she was awarded 1st and 2nd Team SWAC on multiple occasions.
Maia holds a M.Sc. in Sport Administration and a B.Sc. in Business Management from Grambling State University.
You can reach Maia at email@example.com
Head Coach - Juniors Development
Tanya started playing tennis when she was 7 years old. At age 12, she began actively competing in tournaments, winning many regional and several Bulgarian national junior tournaments. She has been coached by some of the top coaches in the country and played actively until the age of 18. For her achievements as a junior tennis player, she has been awarded Yambol-City Junior All-Sports MVP several years in a row.
Tanya completed a Tennis Coach Certificate Program at the National Sports Academy in Bulgaria. Currently, she is a 3rd year student in a Law School.
Before joining Santa Barbara School of Tennis, Tanya worked several years as a coach at a junior tennis academy and was a fitness instructor in an athletic sports center.
You can reach Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org
• DIMITAR Tennis Academy and EleVen by Venus have joined forces to offer our First Annual Pro Am Tournament. Distinguished local tennis professionals met and played at the Elings Park Tennis Center in Santa Barbara, CA
• Vasyl Yazadzhiev won the "Little Mo" Consolation Tournament in Florida for Boys-9 after defeating on the final the second seeded Andres Ovalle with 6-3 6-1
• Our junior clinics are now certified for independent PE program.
• We are proud to announce the new "Tennis and Language Program” for international tennis players. The program is for non-English speaking junior tennis players who can come and train at Santa Barbara School of Tennis as they learn English in a leading ESL program in Santa Barbara, California. For more information, please contact us.
• Kento Perera is now Nationally Ranked Top 20. He won the Doubles Draw and the Consolation Tournament of the USTA National Open Tournament presented by City of Irvine for Boys '14.
• Please join us in congratulating Odessa Stork and Dominik Stefanov for being selected to represent Santa Barbara/Ventura Competitive Training Center (CTC) in 2013!
• Our HEAD Exclusive pro-shop is now online. It is called Tennis-Depot and offers HEAD tennis rackets, bags, shoes, and strings as well as Penn tennis balls.
Follow Santa Barbara School of Tennis on Facebook: